What does it mean to be an LRSconnect Accredited Lawyer Referral Service?
When a lawyer referral service (LRS) displays the LRSconnect Accredited seal, it means that the LRS has met or exceeded high standards to ensure that you, the legal consumer, receive the most qualified representation possible for your legal matter.
The following standards are met or exceeded by every LRS that bears the seal:
- The LRS pre-screens its member attorneys for experience.
- All member attorneys are insured.
- Ongoing client satisfaction is monitored regularly through feedback questionnaires and/or other means of routine follow up.
- The LRS maintains strict procedures and swift response regarding complaints about attorneys to whom a client has been referred to ensure that the highest quality of service is provided.
- It is a non-profit public service committed to improving the quality and affordability of legal services.
- Trained and knowledgeable LRS counselors are available for general information and orientation, and to help you determine the type of lawyer or legal resource appropriate for your unique legal situation.
- For eligible individuals, reduced fee legal services are available among participating LRSconnect programs and referrals to free or affordable local legal assistance programs are also provided, where applicable.
- Whenever fee arrangements for compensation are being agreed upon, the attorney is required to bear in mind the public service nature of the LRS and, accordingly, shall give due consideration to the client’s ability to pay in fixing the terms of all such compensation.