Questions to ask about your case:
- Based on my employment situation, what do you recommend as the best course of action for me at this point?
- How likely do you think my case is to be successful?
- How much of your practice is focused on helping employees with employment-law issues like mine?
Questions to ask about the employment attorney:
- Does the lawyer have experience representing unions, individuals and/or employers?
- Does the lawyer have experience with private sector and public sector employment law issues?
- How long has the lawyer been doing this type of work?
- Does the lawyer have experience with your particular type of case (e.g., pension claims are very different than employment discrimination claims)?
- Does the lawyer have experience appearing before the law enforcement agencies and handling any related court proceedings?
- Does the lawyer participate in local, state and national bar/employment law associations?
- Does the lawyer teach other lawyers about how to handle employment law matters?
- Can the lawyer provide you with the name of a former client or two that would be willing to discuss their experience with the lawyer?