In order to keep your legal fees as low as possible, you’ll want to be prepared for your first appointment should you decide to hire the lawyer you’re meeting with. With that goal in mind, here is a list of information and documents that would be helpful to have on hand for the attorney to get started as efficiently and affordably as possible.
- A list of all Creditors and the nature and amount of their claims
- Source, amount, and frequency of income (include separate information about spousal income even if filing individually)
- List of all property
- Detailed list of monthly living expenses (i.e. food, clothing, shelter, utilities, taxes, transportation, medicine, etc)
- Copies of tax returns for past 2 years
- Social Security #’s of everyone living in home