Your “job” as the client is the following:
- be prompt for appointments;
- be candid and truthful about your situation and the facts of the case;
- respond timely to requests for information/documents;
- let your lawyer know of any changes that impact you or your case, even small ones, like a change of job, address or mobile number;
- follow your lawyer’s advice;
- realize that legal issues, in order to be tackled successfully and professionally, take time, research and and patience to resolve; and
- pay the agreed upon fees for the work completed by the lawyer, according to your retainer agreement.