In order to keep your legal fees as low as possible, you’ll want to be prepared for your first appointment should you decide to hire the lawyer you’re meeting with. With that goal in mind, here is a list of information and documents that would be helpful to have on hand for the attorney to get started as efficiently and affordably as possible.
- Written summary of your employment situation, including specific information about termination, contract issues, and/or possible discrimination.
- Copy of your Resume
- Copies of any proposed or completed employment contracts or agreements
- Copies of employee handbooks
- Copies of employment performance reviews or reprimands
- Copies of any relevant employment documents like job descriptions, new job postings, handbook updates, and any other related employer communications.