In order to keep your legal fees as low as possible, you’ll want to be prepared for your first appointment should you decide to hire the lawyer you’re meeting with. With that goal in mind, here is a list of information and documents that would be helpful to have on hand for the attorney to get started as efficiently and affordably as possible.
- What do you recommend as the best course of action for me?
- How likely is my case to be successful?
- How long might my case take?
- How much of your practice is focused on helping clients with similar cases?
- Do you work on contingency? If so, what percentage of my settlement/verdict will you expect for your fees?
- Do I need to pay any money up front?
- Are expenses separate from your fees?
- If so, what expenses will I be responsible for?
- Will I be responsible for expenses even if you are not successful on my behalf?